Hello fellow writers! My name is Ann. I’m a native of Utah, and I’ve been writing and editing since I was in the 5th grade (and that’s a long time). I have edited and published both fiction and nonfiction, along with a wee bit of poetry.
Wordsmithing is my passion. As a technical writer, editor and teacher I have been tightening others’ writing for forty years. I have long enjoyed the task of editing rambling, confusing or wordy text until it flows.
Through this blog I hope to pass on some of the lessons I’ve learned about writing tight!
I will eventually upload editing quizzes and sentence-tightening exercises (which are more fun than they sound).
Thank you for visiting!
If you have any questions, please contact me at: email@example.com
Some of the Writing & Communication groups to which I belong:
* Society of Technical Communicators (STC)
* Consultant & Independent Contractor Group (in STC)
* League of Utah Writers (Oquirrh & Just Write Chapters)
* Moab Poets and Writers
* Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers
* National Association of Independent Writers and Editors (NAIWE)
* Assoc of Professional Communication Consultants